Note: The Add and Drop functionalities are not available for K-12 schools using Rostering (via Clever or VHL Roster Assistant) to propagate course rosters in VHL Central.
Add an Unenrolled Student from Your School
You can select a student at your school who is not yet enrolled in a course, but already has access to the VHL Central program for your course.
1. In the Roster area, click “+ Add Students.”
Note: If viewing a Gradebook at the course level, you will be prompted to select a course section.
2. From the list of unenrolled students on the “Add Students” page, check the box beside a student name to select him or her.
3. Click “Add Students.”
Search for and Add a Student
If the student you’re looking for is not in the unenrolled students list, use the search field for more targeted results. The search feature will only locate students with a VHL Central account who are enrolled in your school (and may or may not already be enrolled in a course section).
1. Enter the student's VHL Central username, the email address associated with the student’s account, or the student's name.
2. Click “Search.”
Note: If the search was successful, there should be at least one student listed in Search Results.
3. If there is more than one student listed, check the box next to the desired student’s name.
4. Click “Add students.”
Drop a Student from Your Course Section
1. Click “- Drop Students.”
2. On the “Drop Students” page, check the box beside a student name to select him or her.
3. Click “Drop.”
Note: A flash message will report a successful drop. You may select “undo” to return the student to the roster.