Activities and Presentation Materials
You can complete any of the activities in your Supersite account and view all presentation materials, even if you are not enrolled in a course.
Activities within the Supersite are organized based on your textbook’s Table of Contents. Depending on the Supersite, activities may also be organized into different content tabs including Textbook or Worktext, WebSAM/Cahier interactif/eCuaderno (where available), and Assessment (where available).
There are different types of activities in the Supersite. Multiple choice and fill-in-the-blank are all computer-graded, while open-ended activities and Audio-Record-Compare activities, are graded by your instructor.
Some activities may require you to view, listen to, or review presentation materials such as video footage, audio recordings, images or a web site before responding to a question or completing the activity. You can refer to the icon legend that appears in each lesson for additional guidance.
Once you enroll in a course, you will be able to see your instructor’s posted assignments.
1. Quickly track your upcoming assignments from the Student Tools assignment list.
2. View and access any posted assignment, even those that are overdue, by going directly to a lesson from the Contents menu. Once in a lesson, look for assignment due dates in the due date column of each activity section.
Note: Due dates will remain in bold until the activity is submitted.
3. Filter out activities that have not been assigned by your instructor by clicking on the Show Only Assigned Activities link.
4. To access an assigned activity, click on its link in the Student Tools assignments list or click on the title of the activity in the lesson’s activity section. The activity will launch in a separate window.
5. After you submit an activity, you can move to the next assigned activity or another activity by selecting the appropriate button at the bottom right of the open activity window. Or you can close the activity window and select a different activity from the lesson’s activity sections or the Student Tools assignment list.
Submitting On-time Assignments
1. Access an assignment by clicking on its title in the lesson’s activity section.
2. When the activity window launches, carefully read the directions and review the information about how many attempts you will have to complete the activity as well as any details about how your submission will be evaluated.
3. Complete all of the question items in an assigned activity, and click Submit to save and send your work.
4. You will receive immediate feedback about your score on auto-graded activities. The feedback will detail your score, as well as your correct and incorrect responses.
5. For open-ended activities or any that require you to write short answers, you will have only 1 attempt, so you may want to work on a response in a word processing software program and then copy and paste your responses into the activity. Be sure to confirm that accented characters are properly copied into your response before you click Submit.
6. After submitting an open-ended activity, you’ll receive a note that your grade is pending your instructor’s input.
Submitting Remaining Activity Attempts
1. Depending on the number of attempts allowed on an assignment or how well you did on your first attempt, you may be able to improve your score by submitting additional attempts. Remaining attempts can be submitted during the same Supersite session or during a later session.
2. If you later return to an activity to submit your remaining attempts, you will be prompted to either continue to attempt the activity, or accept your current grade as final and view the answers. If you want to take your remaining attempts, click “Continue.”
Submitting Overdue Assignments
Overdue assignments are removed from the assignments list in Student Tools, but you can still access and submit overdue assignments by going directly into a lesson using the content menu.
1. Once in a lesson, look for overdue assignments in the due date column of each activity section.
2. Once you locate an overdue assignment, click on its activity title.
3. When the activity window launches, carefully read the directions and review the information about how many attempts you will have to complete the activity as well as any details about how your submission will be evaluated and warnings about the item being overdue.
4. Complete all of the question items as you would normally and click Submit to save and send your work.
5. You will receive immediate feedback about your score. Note that your grade may either display as 0%—if your instructor does not accept overdue submissions—or your grade may reflect late penalties per your instructor’s policy on overdue assignments.
6. Only your instructor can override late penalties assessed on your submission. Please consult with your instructor about his/her policy on overdue assignments.
Submitting Computer-graded Activities for Practice
Once you submit your last attempt on any computer-graded activity, you can continue to access the activity for additional practice without impacting your score.
1. Click on the activity’s title link.
2. The activity window will inform you that you have already completed the item, and that you can complete the activity for practice.
3. Complete all question items in the activity then click Submit to save and send your work.
4. You will receive immediate feedback about your score for your practice attempt. The feedback will detail your score, as well as your correct and incorrect responses. Note that you will only be allowed one attempt each time you practice an item, but you can continue to submit practice items as often as you like.