In order to see and submit your assignments, receive important announcements, and communicate with your teacher, you will need an account, a Supersite code, and you will need to enroll in your teacher's course.
If you have an existing account for VHLCentral, for your textbook's Supersite or WebSAM, or for another Vista Higher Learning textbook, complete these steps:
- Go to VHLCentral: http://vhlcentral.com
- Log in using your existing account information.
- To redeem a new Supersite code (or a second code for the same textbook, such as WebSAM), click the "Redeem a code" link. Then complete the items below in "Step 5 - Activate Code" of the NEW STUDENTS section.
- To enroll in your teacher's course, click the "Enroll in a course" link. Then complete the items below in "Step 4 - Select a Course/Class" of the NEW STUDENTS section.
If you are new to Vista Higher Learning, complete these steps (or watch the tutorial video):
Step 1 - Go to VHLCentral
- To begin, go to http://vhlcentral.com/register
Step 2 - Create an Account
- In the “Login Information” section of the account creation page, enter a username of your choice.
- Enter the email address you would like to associate with your account.
- Enter and confirm a password of your choice.
- In the “Personal Profile” section, enter your first and last name as you wish them to appear in your teacher's roster.
- Select the year of your birth from the drop down list.
- Enter a student ID (optional).
- In the “Security Information” section, you will provide the answer to a secret question, which may later be used to help you access your account if you forget your password.
- After you enter all of the information, click "Continue."
- A new screen will display. Review your information, click "Create Account".
- Click "agree." (Before your account is created, you must agree to the terms and conditions of use policy.)
Step 3 - Select a School
- Locate your school by typing your school’s name. To narrow the search results, include the city and state (or country, if outside of the USA) in which your school is located.
- Click on the "magnifying glass" icon. If the terms you entered did not result in a successful search, follow the on-screen tips to revise your search.
- Select your school from the list by clicking on the name of the school.
- Click "select" to add the school to your account.
- Look for a flash alert confirming you successfully added the school.
Step 4 - Select a Course/Class
- Click the book and from the list of available classes at your school for your textbook's Supersite, look for your teacher's class.
- Click the radio button for your teacher's class. If more than one class is listed for your teacher, check the information in the listings until you locate the correct class.
- Click "Enroll" at the bottom of the page.
- Look for a flash alert on your Home page that confirms you successfully enrolled in your teacher's class.
Step 5 - Activate Code
- On the code activation screen, enter your Supersite code.
- Click "activate" to continue.
- Look for a flash alert confirming that the code was successfully redeemed.
- Note: If you have more than one code to redeem, you can redeem the second code from your VHLCentral account Home page as soon as you complete Step 5 (look for the "Redeem a code" link on your Home page.
- Note: If you do not have a code to redeem, click on the “skip this step” link.
- Note: If your school does not require a code, click the “continue” button in the flash alert.