Adding a course is simplified by way of a step-by-step wizard that guides you through the creation process and concludes with a printable summary. After you create your first course, you can copy its settings to build other courses.
- Course (Step 1): In this step, you will name your course, identify the school at which the course will be taught, and set the start and end dates for the course.
- Content (Step 2): Set the range of coverage for your course, indicate what level of Supersite access you expect students to have for your course, and select appropriate student learning supports for video viewing.
- Gradebook (Step 3): Your choices in this step will determine the layout and grade calculations within your course gradebook. You’ll begin with your course’s grading policy and create weighted categories for each portion of the grading policy. You’ll finish by customizing the settings for each category including defining its organization within the gradebook and setting the number of allowable attempts, lateness penalties, strictness settings, and the grading method (credit vs. graded) for assignments.
- Summary (Step 4): Review the summary of information regarding your new course, make adjustments before finalizing the course setup, and print or download a summary for your records.
Course (Step 1)
- From the left-hand side of the Courses dashboard, click “ADD COURSE” for the school at which you would like to create your course.
- Enter a name for your course. Note: The Preview graphic (bottom right) dynamically displays your course as it will appear to students during enrollment.
- From the “Date settings modified from…” drop-down menu, select a course whose settings you wish to copy to create the new course. All settings will be copied to your new course. Note: If this is your first course, the only option available will be System Defaults.
- If the desired school is not already chosen, select a school from the School drop-down menu. Note: You will only see this drop-down menu if you have more than one school associated with your account.
- Set dates by clicking on the Start and End date fields, navigating to the month of choice and selecting a date.
- Click “next” to move to the Content step. Note: You may return to the previous step to make changes by clicking the prev button.