Add a Section to Your Supersite Course
A single or several sections comprise a course. Real students, a sample student, and assignments comprise a section.
Adding a section to your course is simplified by way of a three-step wizard that guides you through the creation process. After you create your first section, you can copy its settings to build other sections.
- Section Information (Step 1): In this step, you will enter a name and information about the section, set a custom due time for assignments, confirm the time zone, and, if applicable, build an instructor team.
- Class Days (Step 2): You will indicate the days of the week on which your section meets and add holidays, special events, or non-class days to the assignment Calendar. . Your choices in this step will inform the build out of your section’s assignment Calendar.
Class Days (Step 2)
Highlight class days in the calendar
- The "Use settings from" drop-down menu should be preset to the last section you created or the section selected in step 1 (Section Information). You may change to another section by clicking on the drop-down menu and making a new selection.
- Select the days the section meets or the days on which assignments will be due (if teaching an online course) by clicking the desired checkboxes. Note: The selected days will populate in the assignment Calendar as class days.
Add a holiday or special event to the calendar
- To add a holiday or class event, click "Add Holiday".
- On the "Add Holiday" pop-up, enter a name and date (using the date picker or your keyboard).
- Indicate if class will be canceled on this day.
- Click "save" on the "Add Holiday" pop-up. Note: The Calendar preview dynamically displays your new holiday as it will appear in the assignments Calendar. If you need to edit a holiday, click on its name in the Calendar preview.
- Click to "save" on the Holidays page to add the new section. Note: You may return to the previous step by clicking the "back" button.