Adding a course is simplified by way of a step-by-step wizard that guides you through the creation process. After you create your first course, you can copy its settings to build other courses.
- Course (Step 1): In this step, you will name your course, identify the school at which the course will be taught, and set the start and end dates for the course.
- Content (Step 2): Set the range of coverage for your course and indicate what level of Supersite access you expect students to have for your course.
- Categories (Step 3): Your choices in this step will determine the layout and grade calculations within your course gradebook. You’ll begin with your course’s final grade rubric and create weighted categories for each portion of the rubric. You’ll finish by customizing the settings for each category including defining its organization within the gradebook and setting the number of allowable attempts, lateness penalties, strictness settings, and the grading method (credit vs. graded) for assignments.
- Summary (Step 4): Review the summary of information regarding your new course, make adjustments before finalizing the course setup, and print or download a summary for your records.
Summary (Step 4)
- Review the details of your course in the Summary step. Note: Use the “back” button or click on a wizard step in the progress bar to make adjustments.
- To print a copy of your course summary, click “generate PDF.”
- Click “save.”
- Your course appears on the Courses dashboard.
- You must create at least one section in the course. See “Add a Section to Your Supersite 3.0 Course” for instructions or watch the how-to tutorial video.