If you have an existing account for any Vista Higher Learning textbook, complete these steps:
- Go to vhlcentral.com
- Log in using your existing account information.
- Enroll in a new course by clicking the "Enroll in a course" link. Then go to "Step 4 - Select a Course/Class" below.
If you are new to Vista Higher Learning, complete these steps:
Step 1 - Go to vhlcentral.com
Step 2 - Create an Account
- Click the “Create an account >>” link.
- In the "Login Information" section of the account creation page, enter a username of your choice.
- Enter the email address you would like to associate with your account.
- Enter and confirm a password of your choice.
- In the "Personal Profile" section, enter your first and last name as you wish them to appear in your Instructor's roster.
- Select the year of your birth from the drop down list.
- Enter a student ID (optional).
- In the "Security Information" section, provide the answer to a secret question, which may later be used to help you access your account if you forget your password.
- After you enter all of the information, click "create an account."
- Click "agree." (Before your account is created, you must agree to the terms and conditions of use policy.)
Step 3 - Select a School
- Locate your school by typing your school’s name. To narrow the search results, add the city and state, (include the country, if outside of the USA) in which your school is located.
- Click "find." If the terms you entered did not result in a successful search, follow the on-screen tips to revise your search.
- Select your school from the list by clicking on its name.
- Click "select school" to add the school to your account.
- Look for a message at the top of the page confirming you successfully added the school.
Step 4 - Select a Course/Class
- On the VHL Central Home page, click the “enroll in a course” link located in “my programs.”
- From the list of available classes at your school for your textbook, look for your instructor’s name and the name of your instructor’s course.
- Click the radio button for the course section in which you need to enroll. If more than one course section is listed for your instructor, click the information icons for each one until you locate the correct course section.
- Click Save. You should see a confirmation that you successfully enrolled in your instructor's course.
Step 5 – Watch How-to Videos
- Check out the many helpful how-to videos designed specifically to help you learn about and make the best use of your textbook’s site.