- Online synchronous communication tools with easy to use, robust, and reliable student availability, invitation, and messaging services
- Readiness Check feature intended to evaluate the user’s setup (connection speed for audio and video, confirm that audio and camera are functioning as expected)
- Visual and user designs that follow standard social media conventions, such as Facebook Messenger
Course Settings for Chat Availability
- If “Chat availability to students” is set to “Always available”, you will see both the chat availability toggle and chat icon on the right side of your screen.
- If “Chat availability to students” is set to “Only in Partner Chat activities”, you will see this chat availability toggle on the right side of your screen.
- If your Course Setup “Chat availability to students” is set to “Never available”, you will not see any chat icons on your screen.
Connection Readiness Check
Within every Partner Chat activity, a Test your connection link checks whether students have a functioning audio/video connection before beginning their chat.
For complete instructions on how to use Partner Chat and Live Chat please refer to the Partner Chat & Live Chat Online Guide.
To ensure proper functioning of Partner Chat and Live Chat please review these requirements:
- Technical Requirements for Educators
- Network Connectivity Requirements: Ports and Domains to Whitelist