Add a Section to Your Supersite Course
A single or several sections comprise a course. Real students, a sample student, and assignments comprise a section.
Adding a section to your course is simplified by way of a two-step wizard that guides you through the creation process. After you create your first section, you can copy its settings to build other sections.
- Section Information (Step 1): In this step, you will enter a name and information about the section, set a custom due time for assignments, confirm the time zone, and, if applicable, build an instructor team.
- Class Days (Step 2): You will indicate the days of the week on which your section meets and add holidays, special events, or non-class days to the assignment Calendar. Your choices in this step will inform the build out of your section’s assignment Calendar.
Section Information (Step 1)
- From the Courses dashboard, click the "ADD SECTION" button for the course in which you would like to create a section.
- Enter a name for your section. Note: The Preview graphic dynamically displays your course section as it will appear to students during enrollment.
- From the Use settings from drop-down menu, select a section whose settings you wish to copy to create the new section. Note: If this is your first section, the only option available is System Defaults.
- Enter additional section information (such as meeting location, days, and time) to help distinguish it from others.
- Using the drop-down menus, select a due time for assignments.
- In Additional Instructor(s), select members of the instructor team for this section. (Optional. Skip to step 7 if this section will not be taught via an instructional team.)
a. Select your role as the section creator.
Instructor: You will obtain section administrator privileges and have the ability to make changes.
Assistant: You will not have the ability to make any changes.
b. For each member of this section’s team, assign a control level from the drop-down menu beside the instructor’s name.
Co-instructor: Grants full control to manage the section, while also maintaining control rights for you.
Assistant: Grants access to view the section.
- Click next to move to the Class Days step.