Add a Section to Your Supersite Course
A single or several sections comprise a course. Real students, a sample student, and assignments comprise a section.
Adding a section to your course is simplified by way of a one-step wizard that guides you through the creation process. After you create your first section, you can copy its settings to build other sections.
Settings to be customized:
- Enter a name and information about the section.
- Set a custom due time for assignments.
- Confirm the time zone.
- Build an instructor team (if applicable).
- Indicate the days of the week on which your section meets and add holidays, special events, or non-class days to the assignment Calendar. Your choices in this step will inform the build-out of your section’s assignment Calendar.
Customize Section Information step-by-step:
- From the Courses dashboard, click the "ADD SECTION" button for the course in which you would like to create a section.
- Enter a name for your section. Note: The Preview graphic dynamically displays your course section as it will appear to students during enrollment by hovering over the blue link "Preview as a student".
- Enter additional section information (such as meeting location, days, and time) to help distinguish it from others.
- From the Section Details from the drop-down menu, select a section whose settings you wish to copy to create the new section. Note: If this is your first section, the only option available is System Defaults.
- Check/uncheck the checkbox option to allow new students to enroll in the course section. This will prevent/allow new students to enroll when required.
- Using the drop-down menus, set the assignment availability to students.
- Using the drop-down menus, select a due time for assignments.
- Using the drop-down menus, set your time zone.
- Select the days your section meets by clicking on the corresponding checkbox.
- In Additional Instructor(s), select members of the instructor team for this section. (Optional. Skip to step 11 if this section will not be taught via an instructional team.)
a. For each member of this section’s team, assign a control level from the drop-down menu beside the instructor’s name.
Co-instructor: Grants full control to manage the section, while also maintaining control rights for you.
Assistant: Grants access to view the section.
- Click on submit to save your new settings.