How do I find a student that is already enrolled in my Supersite course?
How do I add a student who is not yet enrolled in my Supersite course?
How do I transfer a student from one of my course sections to another?
How do I drop a student from my course roster?
Find a Student in Your Gradebook
To find a student in your active or closed courses, you may locate a name from the roster view of the Gradebook by using “Search Students.”
- From any page of the Gradebook's roster view, enter a name (full or partial) in the “Search Students” field. Note: You may use first or last names. If you are unsure of spelling, you may use partial names (at least two letters); for example, type "al" for Albertson, Alice, etc.
- Click the magnifying glass icon to search, or hit enter on your keyboard.
In the search results, click a student name to access the single student view or click “return to gradebook,” select the course section noted, and view the student's work from the roster view.
Add a Student to Your Course
You can add students, transfer students between your courses and sections, select a student at your school who is not enrolled in a Supersite course, or search for a missing student.
- From the roster view of the Gradebook, click the “Add Students” button. Note: If you are viewing Gradebook at the course level, you may be prompted to select a course section.
- From the “Likely Students” list on the “Add students” page, check the box beside a student name to select him or her. Note: “Likely Students” are students who are enrolled in your school and have access to your book's Supersite.
- Click the “add” button.
If the student you’re looking for is not in the “Likely Students” list, use the search field for more targeted results. The search feature will only locate students with a VHL Central account who are enrolled in your school.
- Enter the student's VHL Central username or the email address associated with the student’s account.
- Click “search.” Note: If the search was successful, there should be at least one student listed in Search Results.
- If there is more than one student listed, check the box next to the desired student’s name.
- Click the “add” button.
Drop a Student from Your Course
- From any Gradebook page in roster view, click the “Drop Students” button.
- On the “Drop Students” page, check the box beside a student name to select him or her.
- Click “drop.” Note: A flash message will report a successful drop and present an Undo button. You may select “Undo” to return the student to the roster.