How do I grade a student's assignment submission?
How do I adjust a student's earned grade for an assignment?
How do I accept late work from a single or several students?
How do I reset the work on an assignment so a student can try it again?
How do I quickly award 100% to all students who have submitted an assignment?
How do I view a history of grade changes?
- From the All Categories page, click a student's score in the Grade column.
- On the cumulative grade popup, use the up and down arrows to adjust the grade or mouse-click in the text field and type a number (can be a whole number plus one decimal place). Note: Adjusted grade will display in the cumulative grade popup.
- Enter a comment (required) about reasons for changing the student's cumulative grade. Note: Comments are recorded in History.
- Click “save.” Note: Adjusted grades are marked with a bullet.
From your Gradebook, you may access the Grading tools to review and grade an assignment.
- From an assignment's drop-down menu, select “Grade Activity.”
- On the “How would you like to grade?” page, select a method (“Student by student,” “Question by question,” or “Spotcheck Student Work”) to use to grade the assignment.
- To review auto-graded questions, be sure to click the “Show auto-graded questions?” checkbox. Note: For auto-graded questions, you may overwrite the points earned by manually adjusting the awarded points or by selecting the 100% or 0% quick grade buttons.
- Click “start grading.” See “Student By Student Grading,” “Question By Question Grading,” or “Spotcheck Student Work” for instructions.
To change a student’s earned score on an assignment:
- Click a student's score (either from the single student view or from the Gradebook's roster view). Note: To change students' earned score, submission must be past its assigned due date & time.
- On the submission actions popup, click “Change earned score.” Note: Changing the earned score on a “credit” activity may not impact the student’s grade.
- Enter the new score or use the quick grade links to award credit (full or zero). Note: The score must be entered as points. Review the total possible points in the “Current earned score” entry.
- In the comment field, enter a reason for changing the earned score (required).
- Click “save.” Note: Adjusted scores are marked with a bullet point. See “View History of Grade Changes” for instructions on how to view history.
To accept a late assignment from one student:
- Select one student's late score (either from the student view or from the Gradebook's roster view)
- On the submission actions popup, click “Accept late work.
- In the comment field, enter reasons for accepting the late work (required).
- Click the “Accept late work” button. Note: Adjusted scores are marked with a bullet point.
To accept late assignments from several students:
- From an assignment's drop-down menu, select “Accept late work.” Note: This feature is only active if students have submitted items late.
- On the “Accept late work” page, check the box(es) for the student(s) who submitted late work that you wish to accept.
- Click the “Accept late work” button. Note: A message indicates the late work was successfully accepted.
- Click a student's score (either from the student view or from the Gradebook's roster view).
- On the submission actions popup, click “Reset work.”
- In the comment field, enter a reason for resetting the attempts (required).
- Click the “reset work” button. Note: There is no way to retrieve the student’s work after clicking the “reset work” button.
- From an assignment's drop-down menu, select “Quick grade (100%).” Note: This feature is only active if there are student submissions.
- Remove students who will not be quick graded by clicking the marked checkbox beside their name.
- Click “quick grade.” Note: Quick graded scores are marked with a bullet.
- Click a student grade that is marked with a bullet point.
- Click the “History” link in the popup’s header.
- Click “cancel” or “x” to close the popup.